"Open the Ballroom"
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and as a cultural resource in the town’s master plan, Centennial Hall’s long term survival depends on its renewed vitality as a community gathering place.
Help us Open Centennial Hall’s Ballroom
Having completed a professional building assessment, in 2018 we launched a multi-year revitalization effort on two tracks, Rehabilitation and Access Improvement. Open the Ballroom is our most ambitious revitalization effort to date, and was underwritten in part by a matching grant awarded by the Land and Community Heritage Investment Program.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and as a cultural resource in the town’s master plan, Centennial Hall’s long term survival depends on its renewed vitality as a community gathering place. But at present, since activities are restricted to the basement and first floor, rental and use opportunities are severely limited. Restored access to the grand ballroom, with its 225-person capacity, will provide the public space needed in allowing Centennial Hall to become of even more service and value to our communities.
Follow Our Progress
Here’s what we’ve accomplished so far with your help…
- Installation of full building (all 4 levels) sprinkler system
- WIFI available in building
- Strip and varnish first floor
- LED dimmable lighting installed in main studio
- Repaint radiators in main studio
- Installation of hand sanitizers
- Installation of new flooring, toilets, sinks, light fixtures and hardware in bathrooms
- Strip, repaint both bathrooms
- Repaint first floor
- Strip, repair and repaint first floor studio ceiling
- Reframe and stain first floor main studio window sashes
- Restoration to 44 windows
- Repair to all radiators
- HVAC upgrades: new boiler, two oil tanks, and all new piping
- Installation of new kitchen cabinets, microwave and refrigerator
- Repair to brick piers and stone masonry
- Installation of new fire monitoring panel
- New 4,200 sq. ft. copper and slate roof
- Restoration of ventilator turbines
- Installation of two levels of snow fencing
- Installation of new chimney and flu
- Repair of exterior trim, decorative molding and 40% of exterior clapboard
- Installation of keyless entry
- Reconstruction and paint of front entry steps
- Reconstruction and paint of parking lot steps
- Repainting of 8,400 sq. ft. exterior building and cupola
Please consider a donation to the Friends of Centennial Hall so we can Open the Ballroom.
Arts and culture are major economic engines in the lives of their communities. A revitalized and fully functioning Centennial Hall with a full schedule of large events in the grand ballroom will draw arts and culture consumers, and will have a significant impact not just on the financial health and longevity of the building, but on the whole of North Hampton’s economy. It is past time for North Hampton to begin to tap into the creative economy as so many New England communities have.